Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Randomly Blacklisted

I received a text message from a friend of mine; I'm not going to blog about him, but rather to the content of the sms he sent. He was blocked from travelling overseas due to unsettled PTPTN loan back in Uni days. He is the frequent visitors to Thailand for a short break (often he went alone), because of this unwanted obstacles, he has no choice but have to stay put in Malaysia.

If I can remember correctly, PTPTN loan defaulters may be banned from travelling abroad. I read this from local news couple of years ago where those blacklisted names will be given to the immigration officers at the country's borders. However, they can only stop you from leaving the country, not hold against your passport or whatsoever.

In my opinion, those blacklisted should be the one who NEVER pay back at all. If you have been making regular repayment, you should be spared. But thanks to our government for exercising a random selection in order to make up the numbers. To him, I can only sympathize that it was not his day.

Lucky or not, after all, we should pay it back.

1 comment:

MamaJo said...

Wow, so serious action being take by govt ya?? I thought they only publish the borrower name on local newspaper??