Sunday, January 18, 2009

We're family, stop acting - 大家自己人,唔好做戏

I was actually trying my luck, but I finally found this video back from youtube, and I decided to share it out, in conjunction with this coming Chinese New Year.

This commercial was filmed by Perodua - Malaysia's second automobile manufacturer after Proton back in year 2002,It consisted of 2 versions - I manage to found one of those, however both deliver the similar message, I was clearly remember about this because when this advertisement was openly aired on the TV during Chinese New Year 7 years ago, it creates alot of controversial remarks from our local chinese until Perodua had no choice but have to took it away. The remark was to accuse the company for insulting the local chinese of being "bragging of themselves" or "love faces". Some even demand a public apologies on the paper, etc. I was not following up on this issue, it's "till the cows come home". Please click the following link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucJQvD6bQhQ&feature=related

Ever wonder what all those really mean? I would said such creative advertisement was solely about entertainment purpose and "Tongue And Cheek" only. As a chinese, if you asked me about whether if the translated message is true, what I can only say is "The truth always hurt".
We're family, stop acting.


Gong Xi Fa Chai!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gong xi fa cai