Monday, December 15, 2008

A very good example

We usually have this type of impression towards our Malaysian cabbies - reckless driving, without meter (or meter without activation), professionally overcharge & etc.

This Singaporean cab driver somehow different from what I usually had. 2 weeks ago, I took a taxi back to office after an appointment, the fare was overcharged but I wasn't notice about it, simply because the extra was about $1 only. After paying the exact fare as per displayed on meter. I left and heading back office. The extra mainly because the driver had accidentally press on the peak surcharge but that was not the issue.

However, this honest taxi driver went up to my office and returned me the extras. When asked, he said as a cab driver he should not do that therefore he decided to park his car and look for me up to return the money. Wow..!He could have spared the extra for himself but he turned himself up and give the money back to me.

In Malaysia's case, you should be "thankful to god" if they not overcharge you.

No comments: